Venktesh Shukla, or Venk as he is fondly called, is a General Partner at Monta Vista Capital, President of Foundation for Excellence since 24 years and the ex-chairman of The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE). As president of TiE, he presided over one of the most powerful networks focused on technology startups in Silicon Valley and the largest pool of intellectual capital anywhere in the world.
TiE, a 22-year-old non-profit, exists to promote wealth creation through entrepreneurship, and its membership includes the entire ecosystem of entrepreneurship – VCs, successful entrepreneurs, senior executives in public companies as well as budding entrepreneurs. There are currently 13,000 members in TiE, including over 2,500 charter members in 61 chapters across 18 countries. TiE’s mission is to foster entrepreneurship globally through mentoring, networking, education, incubating, and funding.
Mr. Shukla has had a transformational impact on TiE.
- He was the Founding Chair and active member of TiE Angels, which is one of the most active angel investor groups in the Valley with 140 members and 26 investments in the last three years, mostly in the B2B space.
- TiE Launchpad, the Y Combinator for enterprise companies is off to a great start.
- Monthly programs like Lunch with Movers and Shakers of the Valley have been in great demand.
- The pioneering TiE CIO Forum connects CIOs of 25 biggest companies such as Costco, Walmart, Clorox, GE Capital, HCA Health Care and others with the most innovative B2B companies in the Valley, where successful start ups from the Valley get to present to the CIOs, has increased TiE’s value enormously to the late stage start ups.
- Finally, the most visible symbol of TiE’s resurgence has been the successful re-design of the annual TiEcon, which is in its 23rd year currently, and is considered as the largest entrepreneurial forum in the world and held in over 15 cities globally each year. Both TiEcons under his leadership have seen record attendance, sponsorship revenues and engagement by movers and shakers in the technology world.
- TiE Silicon Valley today boasts of highest cash balance, highest engagement levels of its charter members and the lowest rate of charter members not renewing their membership in its history.
He holds an MBA from MIT Sloan School of Management and a B.Eng in Electronics Engineering from MA National Institute of Technology, Bhopal. He also served as the Deputy Commissioner in the Civil Services for about a decade, before moving on to the corporate world. He has worked as a senior marketing executive in large technology companies in Silicon Valley like Nusym Technology, Magma Design Automation, Everypath, Ambit Design Systems.. the list goes on! He’s a board member at some of these companies now. He has also been involved with numerous early stage companies as an executive, investor, board member, or advisor. Mr. Shukla has had a long and varied career that includes sales, marketing, technology and general management experience, and a proven track record of leading companies through rapid growth.
We’re excited to welcome him to the i5 Summit 2017!